Monday, October 17, 2011

Music Therapy

 

I think experimenting with different types of therapy not only gives people new hope to try new things, but also lets find great effective new ways to invoke therapy, because not all therapy works with every type of person. For example, some people love horse therapy and some hate it (which I dont see how you could), but every person is different!

I found a forum post I wanted to share about something this person calls "Music Therapy", yes we have heard of it before and there are many different ways to do it, but this way is simple. I'm sure we've all been touched by music in some way, so take a look at what this person said...

5819184201_df0392f0e7

"I am wondering if others can comment if there are special songs that help--inspirational, relaxing, energizing, etc. I got to thinking of this when I read how music can actually change your brain.


I don't listen to music often anymore. I was thinking I should change that. I know that if I listen to sad songs or watch sad movies I get really undone by them (don't want that!). So I want to create a playlist of audio or video of songs that I can use for different purposes like cheering me up, thinking philosophically, relaxing, etc.

I found one this evening that strikes a good note to me personally -- "Heal the World" by M. Jackson. I never thought much about it before, but actually it's quite comforting...the lyrics speak to me about PTSD in a private way, and give me hope. I found his video on YouTube (for some people it might be triggering, approach with caution) but --here are some of the lyrics"

You can view the lyrics and source below! 

Source(Check this out!!): https://www.ptsdforum.org/c/threads/music-therapy.20508/

 

Pegasus is an organization that brings recovery through Horse Therapy and Equine Courses to help people achieve an addiction cure! Visit PegasusEct.com for more information! :) 

 

Please support us by "Liking" our page at...Horse Therapy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment